Clifton Ofsted OCT 2017 rating… ‘GOOD’
Click HERE to visit Ofsted’s ‘Parent View’ website
We were visited by Ofsted on Wednesday 4th October 2017 and continue to be a ‘GOOD’ school.
We are thrilled with the report: the vast amount of hard work, commitment and passion that have been given by the staff to ensure the best possible educations for your children; the children themselves being at the heart of the school – their positivity towards their learning, school life and each other, and the strong, positive relationships between home and school are all recognized in the report. Some particular highlights from the report are:
- The school feels like a family.
- It [the school] is warm and friendly.
- The school … always puts the pupils first.
- You have worked with the whole school community to redefine the school’s vision and aims. These are summed up in the school’s new motto, ‘Success and happiness for all’. The work of the whole staff team is making sure that this aspiration actually happens.
- You have all reviewed the school’s values and have identified the ‘Seven Cs’ of Clifton – confidence, communication, collaboration, commitment, creativity, curiosity and craftsmanship – as key attributes. These are widely displayed in the school so that everyone is reminded of them. More importantly, I saw each of these being demonstrated as I met pupils doing their normal work while I was at the school.
- ‘The school has a wonderful community feel with the children at its heart.’
- Leaders and governors ensure that safeguarding is given high priority.
- Pupils told me that they feel safe. They can explain why this is and how they have been taught about safety.
- Pupils behave well towards each other. They say that there is no bullying.
- Commitment to seeking the best for pupils.
- The school’s growing success is a clear indication that the trend of improvement is rapid and secure.
- Pupils are challenged to broaden their experiences.
OFSTED October 2017