Welcome to Clifton Primary School Parent & Teacher Association
Everyone has preconceptions about the “Parent Teacher Association” with the crazy mums running after you with a clip board trying to get you to sign up to volunteer, donate a prize or take your money off you.
But the PTA provides a valuable link between parents and teachers, to enrich our school community and raise vital funds for the children at the school. We all know the cuts that schools have faced over the years, so the PTA is here to help bridge that gap and do what we can to buy essential equipment, fund activities and add a bit of extra fun to the children’s lives – making some extra special memories along the way!
You don’t have to be one of the clicky Mums (or Dads) to join. You don’t have to attend numerous meetings or bake a million cupcakes and you don’t need to have any special skills to do so. All you need is to be part of our little army, to do everything we can to make as much money as possible each year for the school – and for your children.
So, we welcome you with open arms – Mums and Dads, Grans and Grandads and members of the community. If you can spare a couple of hours, volunteer at the odd event or come to a meeting then we really appreciate the help. You can give as little or as much of your time, energy and support to PTA events as you wish.
What does the PTA actually do?
The PTA helps the school in two important ways:
- It encourages activities of all kinds aimed at promoting the education and welfare of the children which help enrich the children’s learning and time at the school.
- It assists the school financially to supplement and improve school equipment and facilities.
At Clifton Primary School the PTA support and organise a number of events.
Our events have included:
- School Discos
- Movie Nights
- Family Fun days and BBQs
- Christmas Fair
- Non-Uniform days
- Ullswater Way walk
Where does the money go?
The majority of the money we raise is gifted back to school and funds things such as equipment, furniture, books, ipads, subscriptions for the children, book bags.
Money raised in 2022 so far
- Beetle Drive
- Glow Party
- 100 Club
Events coming up
- Christmas Fair – Friday 2 December
- Christmas Raffle/Hamper
- Wreath Making
Meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month, 7pm at school
- 8th November
- 6th December
Other ways to be involved
- You can make a donation on our Just Giving Page, or set up your own fundraising page linked to our site https://www.justgiving.com/cliftonprimaryschoolcumbria
- Use Easy Fundraising every time you shop online to help raise money for us – https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/cliftoncountypta/
If you want to get involved in the PTA then please email email@example.com – we would love to see you at any of our meetings or events!
Hayley Graham – Chair of the Clifton Primary School PTA