Welcome to Clifton Primary School Parent & Teacher Association
Everyone has preconceptions about the “Parent Teacher Association” with the crazy mums running after you with a clip board trying to get you to sign up to volunteer, donate a prize or take your money off you.
But the PTA provides a valuable link between parents and teachers, to enrich our school community and raise vital funds for the children at the school. We all know the cuts that schools have faced over the years, so the PTA is here to help bridge that gap and do what we can to buy essential equipment, fund activities and add a bit of extra fun to the children’s lives – making some extra special memories along the way!
You don’t have to be one of the clicky Mums (or Dads) to join. You don’t have to attend numerous meetings or bake a million cupcakes and you don’t need to have any special skills to do so. All you need is to be part of our little army, to do everything we can to make as much money as possible each year for the school – and for your children.
So, we welcome you with open arms – Mums and Dads, Grans and Grandads and members of the community. If you can spare a couple of hours, volunteer at the odd event or come to a meeting then we really appreciate the help. You can give as little or as much of your time, energy and support to PTA events as you wish.
What does the PTA actually do?
The PTA helps the school in two important ways:
- It encourages activities of all kinds aimed at promoting the education and welfare of the children which help enrich the children’s learning and time at the school.
- It assists the school financially to supplement and improve school equipment and facilities.
At Clifton Primary School the PTA support and organise a number of events.
Our events have included:
- School Discos
- Movie Nights
- Family Fun days and BBQs
- Christmas Fair
- Non-Uniform days
- Ullswater Way walk
Where does the money go?
The majority of the money we raise is gifted back to school and funds things such as equipment, furniture, books, ipads, subscriptions for the children, book bags.
COVID hit us hard, and it was difficult to fundraise, but we still managed to raise over £3,000 for the school. We now have a new classroom, and the school needs our support with funding ongoing costs or this too. So, we have been set the challenge of trying to raise £15,000, which is no mean feat, but we’re up for the challenge – are you?
Money raised in 2021/22 so far
- Halloween – We raised £148 for non-uniform, spooky spoons and the Cliftoween Trail.
- Usborne Book Fair
- Christmas Cards
- 100 Club
Events coming up
- Christmas Fair – Saturday 4th December
- Christmas Raffle/Hamper
- Wreath Making
- Bags2School/Jumble Sale – Date TBC
- Easter hamper/bingo – Date TBC
- Summer Fair
- Big fundraising event – details TBC
- Non-Uniform at the end of every term
Meetings are held the first Thursday of every month, 6.30pm at school
- 9th December
- 13th January
- 10th February
- 10th March
- 12th May
- 9th June
- 7th July
Other ways to be involved
- You can make a donation on our Just Giving Page, or set up your own fundraising page linked to our site https://www.justgiving.com/cliftonprimaryschoolcumbria
- Use Easy Fundraising every time you shop online to help raise money for us – https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/cliftoncountypta/
If you want to get involved in the PTA then please email email@example.com – we would love to see you at any of our meetings or events!
Lisa Jackson and Amy Wright – Co Chairs of the Clifton Primary School PTA