School Business Administrator role
BS6 £19,554-£19,945 per annum ,pro-rata
We are looking for a Business Administrator to join our professional and dedicated team at Clifton Primary School. The successful candidate will ideally join us from the start of January 2022 or sooner if possible.
This is a key role within the school. The demands of this role are very wide-ranging: from inputting budget figures to testing the fire alarm, and from working with our HR provider on contracts to using and managing our online Parentpay system therefore flexibility is essential, together with the ability to be pro-active, use your initiative and demonstrate fantastic time management skills.
The successful applicant will need to be able to operate in a highly organised manner to cope with the demands of a very busy office environment, where attention to detail and confidentiality are paramount. We are also looking for someone with a flair for IT.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- School administrative tasks, such as arranging SLAs, organising routine maintenance of the school;
- Data management: maintaining pupil databases, preparing and submitting information to the County Council etc.;
- Finance administration: collecting, recording and receipting fees, payment of invoices etc;
- Health and Safety: coordinates the Health and Safety checks and across the school;
- Human resources: liaises with our HR provider to create and update contracts;
- Payroll: ensuring staff are accurately paid each month and liaising with our payroll provider;
- Co-ordinating with the school Bursar and school budget.
The successful candidate will need:
- Great organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to remain calm and work under pressure to competing deadlines
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office, Scholarpack (or other Management Information systems), with the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Great attention to detail
- Financial experience
- The ability to multi-task within a busy environment
- To be fully committed to the #teamclifton ethos and family
- Ideally, the successful candidate will already have experience of working within the school administrative environment.
You will need a proven track record of working in an office environment, with a careful eye for detail, a highly organised approach, and excellent customer care skills. You should enjoy working as part of a wider team and be dedicated to the needs of the school and, most importantly, the children.
Previous experience of working in a school environment and knowledge of SIMS/ Scholarpack and Parentpay systems is desirable.
This role is being advertised initially as 16 hours. Days are negotiable for the right candidate and hours could change, individual dependant.
Clifton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and have excellent professional references.
Closing date for applications will be 12.00 noon on Wednesday 1st December 2021. Short listing will take place that afternoon. Candidates will be invited to interview by email. Interviews will take place shortly after.
Midday Supervisor and Breakfast and After-School Club Supervisor roles
Salary: Grade 3B
Working Hours: Midday supervisor: 6 hours per week (11.55am – 1.15pm daily); Breakfast club supervisor: 1 hour per day (7.45 – 8.45am) ; After-school club supervisor – 2 hours per day (3.30 – 5.30pm)
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR ‘teamclifton’ FAMILY? We are a small school with a HUGE heart!
Clifton Primary School is a school very much at the heart of the local community. We have a caring, family ethos and we are committed to high standards in all aspects of school life.
We seek to employ enthusiastic and energetic people to join our friendly and hard- working team, as soon as possible.
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Be happy and proactive in engaging children in play.
- Have a positive and purposeful approach.
- Be able to work with a variety of age groups.
- Be able to manage incidences of non-compliance and playground issues in a sensitive and effective way.
- Be able to work under their own initiative.
- Be flexible and have a sense of humour.
We can offer:
- A friendly and vibrant school community with a supportive team ethos
- A good range of play equipment to engage the children with.
- Wonderful children to work with!
Hours can be negotiated for the right candidate(s). Please do not be put off applying if you can only work specific days. We are flexible and are happy to work with you.
For an informal discussion, please speak to the Headteacher.
If you have the qualities required, along with the passion and aspirations to contribute to the continuing success of our school, then we would welcome an application from you.
Completed application forms, together with a supporting letter of application detailing which role(s) you are interested in should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org