Welcome from the Head Teacher
Hello and thank you for visiting the website of our wonderful school!
Clifton Primary School is a very special place where each and every child is an important part of our school family and where children come first.
Clifton’s children are our future and as such must be nurtured, cared for and educated to the highest standards. This is what we aim to achieve. We have very high standards of behaviour too, that ensures your child is given the best possible opportunity to learn in a happy, safe and calm environment.
Our school motto is “Success and Happiness For All”. Your child’s happiness is at the heart of everything we do: a happy child will learn well, succeed and reach his or her true potential.
Clifton Primary School is not just about subjects, although, of course these are a very important part of school: it’s about life experiences and enjoyment; it’s about friendship and personal challenges; it’s about learning about yourself and achieving more than you thought possible; it’s about relationships and commitment and it’s about fun and laughter, of which there is lots, all day long!
Your child will be offered a wealth of opportunities and experiences during their time with us. We hope to prepare them well for their future education and give them an insight into the world around them.
A strong partnership between school and home is of the utmost importance to us. It is by working together that we can move forward successfully. We will always welcome you into school and there are many occasions and events throughout the year when the success and achievements of the children are on display for all to see. Don’t miss out on these occasions - they should be treasured.
We will always strive to solve any problems as quickly as possible and remember the earlier you alert us to your concerns, the sooner a solution will be found. Please help us to help you and your child.
I look forward to a long and successful partnership with you, working together for your child.
With kindest regards
Sarah Threlkeld-Brown BA Hons, NPQH
79 children in four classes...
Clifton Primary School is a small community school located in the heart of Clifton village in Cumbria serving a catchment area of pupils from Penrith and the nearby villages. We have strong links with our local village community.
We have approximately 79 children on role in 4 classes from 4 to 11 years. The school staff consists of highly qualified teachers supported by qualified Teaching Assistants in every class. An active and committed Governing Body and enthusiastic School PTA contribute significantly to the efficient running and success of the School. The school promotes a friendly and inclusive environment for staff and pupils. As well as promoting excellence in the National Curriculum we offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities through staff-run clubs and external expertise. A variety of enrichment opportunities are arranged to support individual class topics. We benefit from on-site wrap-around care provided by Breakfast and After School clubs from 8.00 am to 5.30 pm.
We offer excellent primary school education...
A caring, supportive and inspiring environment
High expectations, aspirations and standards
Development of confident, sociable and independent children
Breakfast club from 8am to 8:45 am
After school club from 3:30 pm until 5:30pm
Our school and yours...
When your child becomes a member of our school family, you become part of our school community too. We regard it as a privilege to share with you the life and development of your child. Education is a shared enterprise in which the children, their parents and the school participate. A positive relationship between home and school enhances a child's attitude to learning, behaviour and motivation. We seek to encourage a shared commitment to the success of each individual child by involving parents as fully as possible in the life and work of the school.
You are sure of a warm welcome in Clifton Primary School.
Click on the link above to read...
We were visited by Ofsted on Wednesday 4th October 2017 and continue to be a 'GOOD' school.
We are thrilled with the report: the vast amount of hard work, commitment and passion that have been given by the staff to ensure the best possible educations for your children; the children themselves being at the heart of the school – their positivity towards their learning, school life and each other, and the strong, positive relationships between home and school are all recognized in the report. Some particular highlights from the report are:
- The school feels like a family.
- It [the school] is warm and friendly.
- The school … always puts the pupils first.
- You have worked with the whole school community to redefine the school’s vision and aims. These are summed up in the school’s new motto, ‘Success and happiness for all’. The work of the whole staff team is making sure that this aspiration actually happens.
- You have all reviewed the school’s values and have identified the ‘Seven Cs’ of Clifton – confidence, communication, collaboration, commitment, creativity, curiosity and craftsmanship – as key attributes. These are widely displayed in the school so that everyone is reminded of them. More importantly, I saw each of these being demonstrated as I met pupils doing their normal work while I was at the school.
- ‘The school has a wonderful community feel with the children at its heart.’
- Leaders and governors ensure that safeguarding is given high priority.
- Pupils told me that they feel safe. They can explain why this is and how they have been taught about safety.
- Pupils behave well towards each other. They say that there is no bullying.
- Commitment to seeking the best for pupils.
- The school’s growing success is a clear indication that the trend of improvement is rapid and secure.
- Pupils are challenged to broaden their experiences.
OFSTED October 2017